- Active and ongoing knowledge of construction terms, building practices, constructability, and reading of architectural plans.
- Prepare material and engineering submittals, material and labor budgets, and change order requests and process and draft customer correspondence.
- Meet financial objectives by following and managing budgets, labor production, and cost controls.
- Update technical knowledge through on-site visits, material representatives, and continued education.
- Collaborate with teammates, other estimators, and project managers.
- Interact with on-site carpenters and subcontractors to create a successful team.
- Maintain or beat budgets!
Occasional travel required to visit job sites, suppliers, and meetings.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent